Educate your Social Media Profiles ?
Surprised ? Well, Don’t Be.
It is really something you need to pay attention to. Your activities on Social Media determine “How Effectively can your Social Media contribute to your success”. In this era of advanced Information Technology, we leave our digital footprints, every time we use the internet be it using the search engine or your email or online shopping. More so, while using Social Media platforms, because of the huge amount of time we spend on them.
Algorithms that are being used by the social media platform for the purposes of showing us the news feed, displaying the advertisements, suggesting content, suggesting friends, showing our posts to our audience etc., all depend on our online behavior / activities, especially on that particular platform which is under consideration. These algorithms are designed to give the user a very personalized experience and keep them engaged on the social media platform. Hence, we need to understand, that it is us who guides them of what to do for us. In Short, if we want to benefit through Social Media and make it work for us, we need to Educate our Social Media Profiles.
It is pretty easy as well. All those principles that we have been preached about since our childhood are the once which will help us teach our Social Media profiles what to do for us. Following are the points that would help you!
- Have clear vision of who you are, who you want to be and your goals in life (be if personal or professional).
- Ensure that the content you are sharing is in line with point one.
- Before posting, always ask yourself, Will this post benefit me? If yes, then how?
- Have a fine balance between your professional and personal activities that you share on Social Media.
- Interact with only those posts / content which are inline with point one. Don’t let entertainment or amusing content, deviate you from point one.
- Always be clear on your interactions. A share has the highest impact (always put your views on the post you share, don’t share without your views in the caption), then comes the comment and then a like or a reaction.
- Never tag people, if they the post is not relevant for them. Repeated tagging of un-relevant profiles for the purpose of increasing the reach, actually increases the spam score and decreases the reach of your posts gradually.
- Be punctual, regular, consistent and precise with sharing your content.
- Avoid lying.
- Don’t Brag. Showcase what you have done, or are going to do.
Summation of all these activities will profile all the factors in the algorithms, in a way that will be aligned with the target that you want to achieve. The effective time varies on various social media platforms. Usually it varies from somewhere around 14 to 28 days.
If you wish to know more write to me on email@example.com