This is an era of social media and tough competition in the job markets, but that is for the mediocre(s). Quality Employees / Intraprenuers, who can contribute to the exponential growth of a company are scarce and difficult to get hold off. They prefer to apply for jobs in best organizations, where they see growth, great work culture and feel that they would be valued.
To attract such candidates, there are various efforts put in by the Human Resources Team, such as campus connect programs, pre-placements talks, placement drives in best colleges / institutes, presence in premier festivals / events, internships etc. Apart from these, current or ex – employees’ word of mouth also plays and important in drawing applications from the best candidates. Majority of the good companies have very effective policies for employee orientation, engagement, retention etc. But, these are being applied by almost all good organizations.
The difference between the organizations at the tip and the ones which are the part of “Rest of the Pack” is that young professionals / graduates prepare themselves as per the need & requirements of the organizations at the tip. For “Rest of the Pack”, these young professionals / graduates need to be molded after they join the organization. This creates a vast difference commitment, will to prove themselves for reaching higher in the same organization as well as long term stability. Generally the tip consists of Multi-Billion Dollar Enterprises which can afford to spend that extra bit for this. “Rest of the Pack”, majorly consists of Small – Medium Scale Enterprises and Smaller Multinational companies.
Now the question is that is it possible for companies other than the ones in the Tip, to attract the youth towards them ? Well, it can be done, by putting is little more efforts through Social Media. Youth these days is very active on Social Media, be it the young professionals, freshers or college graduates. The content that they see on Social Media, has an impactful influence on decisions they take in different aspects of their life.
Following are few things that brands can do on Social Media to attract quality workforce :
- Have all details about the company, since the inception, on the campany profile. All recognitions, awards, projects, successes, products / services, strengths, vision, mission etc… should be enlisted.
- Proper contact details, FAQs, Guidelines, Policies, which are put on website should be linked.
- Connect with young college students, freshers, young professionals as well as experienced professionals
- Showcase the office life, facilities, work environment and other things related to the same.
- Share details about interesting projects currently being undertaken
- Share about the vision & mission of the company and adequately showcase how an employee would grow with the company
- Updates regarding the past events, future events for employee engagement / trainings / workshops, celebrations, bonuses, employee orientation, farewell etc.
- Testimonials of Current Employees – Videos are the best for this
- Train the current employees for “Effective Use of Social Media”. Encourage them to put up the company name in their profile. Connect with colleagues, juniors, prospective workforce etc. To read about the importance of Training your Employees on Social Media, Visit Here
- Share what are the skills & interests a candidate must have to be a part of the Company
- Showcase, more job applications, less vacancies. Shouldn’t violate the ethics though.
- Wishes to employees on their birthdays, remarkable contribution, achievements, life milestones etc.
- Have regular competitions
- Guide the future workforce (young college students). Have your experienced professionals interact with them with #Live Sessions, Q&A sessions etc through Social Media.
All these points are cost effective, but require constant effects of the whole team. If done properly, over a period of time, you would be able to create an aura of your brand, which would definitely attract quality employees to your organizations.
On the other hand young students / professionals can look for all the above points from a brand that they are planning to work for. The key is to think and plan early so that you get enough time to be ready to face your interview !
For any Queries, Training Programs, Workshops, Consulting Projects and Feedback, please write to email@example.com
Cheers – YC